svg cuts banner

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

A Cup of Love

Hey y'all,
I have enjoyed crafting and finding time to write on my blog again. I was quite busy for a while much more than I care to be. I am very much a one thing at a time person. LOL

I wanted to make a card for our pastor's mom. I understand she is having quite the birthday party. I wanted it to be our gift to them for his mom. I had decided I would make the very cute tea cup box card from Garden Party Box Cards SVG Kit by svgcuts.com  but then thought maybe I should ask if she drank tea. The answer was no but she would drink coffee from a cup and saucer. I thought the tea cup box card would work.

I started on the card but nothing was working, I just wasn't happy with it. I tried to make what I had do but I still wasn't happy with it. I told Mark this a.m. that I needed to start over and that is just what I did.

I cut the body of the card out using Blackbird Bazzill card stock. I used paper from Graphic 45 Bohemian paper collection for the accents and back piece. I edged the accent pieces with a black Copic marker and adhered them after writing Happy Birthday on the back and attaching the steam piece I made first.  I took my time writing first in pencil then going over the top with a memento Ink black marker, erasing the pencil afterwards.

 I wanted this card to be as if he had purchased the card himself to give to his mom. With that thought in mind, I chose not personalize the card with mom or her name.  I added few flowers with enamel dots for the centers.

I began to add all the flowers but I really wanted the cup to look like a coffee cup instead of a tea cup. As I stared at the bottom accent piece on my virtual mat it came to me to make a swirl of steam using the saucer accent piece. I added a another smaller narrow one to the center cutting the tap off and deleting nodes to make sure it looked correct. Once I got it the shape I wanted I welded the two pieces together and did a test cut. It needed a bit more tweaking. I adjusted the tabs to look like the ones Mary has so often used on her files. and kept the score line in the same area.  I adhered the fold of the cardstock vellum steam swirl over back top of the card. Make the accent piece for the back slightly larger and adhere the accent piece over the fold to hide it.  I took a photo of the writing because it turned out so pretty. I may not be able to make anything look that pretty again. If you look closely at the photo you can see how I hid the vellum tab with the back.  The swirl I cut for the inside of the card was a silhouette file cut from Stampin up Card Stock Vellum as was the steam swirl I created. I am sure Mary has something in her files either for free or purchased that would have worked as well, I just didn't take the time to look for one.

I cut the envelope and  inserted the card. I  look forward to showing  our sweet friend and pastor how to open the card for his mom. I hope she is blessed by this handmade gift.
Thank you for stopping by and visiting with me. Many blessings my dear friends and Happy Crafting Y'all!
Blessings, Sharalyn

Garden Party Box Cards SVG Kit

Supplies
Bazzill Card Stock-Blackbird
Graphic 45- Bohemian Collection
Card Stock Vellum- Stampin' Up
Copic Marker-Black
Enamel Dots
Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive (tacky glue)
Silhouette Business Addition
Silhouette Cameo

1 comment: