svg cuts banner

Friday, May 20, 2016

Time for Graduation Cards!

Morning everyone!
Today I am bringing you a quick card I made for our Riley who is graduating from the 6th grade and becoming a teenager. Where does the time go? This is one of our 6 grandsons and the third to become a teen, before I know it I will be making wedding cards for them! I say it was quick as I used the  You're Invited SVG Bundle from Dreaming Tree and turned it into a "grad cap" so to speak for Riley. Grab a cup of Coffee or Tea and lets get started on this card.

Using the Scroll Greeting Card I cut the card from black card stock, then added Brilliant gold ink to the outside and inside of the card base. I  used my cut and print feature on my Silhouette Cameo, to made the greeting for Riley's Card.  I made a tassel for the band that goes around the card and instead of making the flower I made 5 donut shapes and then two solid circles to be glued on top of the brad.  Glue the 5 donut shapes together one on top of the other, then after you have made your tassel put the loop through the hole and a brad as well to hold the loop in place. Glue the two solid shapes together and adhere to the top of the brad. Adhere that to the top of your glued band. I used a solid piece of card stock for the front of the card to hide the words instead of a piece of vellum. This gave it a more masculine look and added to the look of the grad cap.

I could have removed a lot of the scrolls on the front to make it more masculine as well but Riley is very creative and I thought he would like it that way. That is my quick card and I hope you enjoyed it. Riley I am sure will love it because grandma made it. He is a sweet quiet boy full of smiles for me anytime we see him, but then so are all of my daughters boys! I don't get to see the others enough as Chris is still in the Navy serving our country for 18 yrs. I couldn't be more proud of both of my kids and grandkids. I will get to see the other two this weekend for an entire week! I am so excited.

On this memorial week coming up take time to thank a service man or woman for their service to our country and for protecting your freedom. Thanks so much for stopping by and reading my blog. Have  a wonderful week y'all and Happy Craftin'!
Blessings, Sharalyn

3D SVG Used:
You're Invited SVG Bundle

Supplies Used:
Recollections: Black Card Stock, White Card Stock
Brilliant: Gold Ink
DMC Embroidery Thread: Color #725
Black Brad
Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
Silhouette Designer Addition
Silhouette Cameo
Printer

Note: To make the tassel you can Goggle how to make a tassel or do a search on Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment