svg cuts banner

Monday, November 24, 2014

Visions Of Sugarplums...

Mornin' Y'all!

 I was putting away the PDF's from the last kit I made and a couple more ideas came to me. Now I wanted to keep this one as close to original as I could so there really isn't much altering and the idea stemmed from one of Mary's other kits called Fright Night SVG Kit. I took the idea from the witch decor bag again using small circles I put a few here and there to add a starry magical look to it. The Bag I used was the Sugarplum Fairy bag from Christmas Gift Bags SVG Kit, so lets get started and to set our mood play the Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies song from the Nut Cracker! You don't really have to but that of course is what was going though my head.  Lets get Started.

Put all the pieces for the Sugar Plum Fairy Bag onto your virtual mat and arrange them the way Mary has them on the bag. First I drew lines where the scoring would be when you score it on your scoreboard. This helped me get the pieces in the right places. Then make different sized circles and place them one in the center of the burst where her hand is pointing to and around the bag to emulate stars. I started with really small circles but should have gone a bit larger so try about a W.0.170 on a piece of scratch paper and see how you like the size. Choose your first circle then holding down the shift key choose all the other circles one by one and lastly your burst and bag itself. Then go to modify and subtract and that should make tiny holes in your bag for the lights to shine through. Move all your pieces except the bag off the mat and cut the bag then all the other pieces.

Now comes the part where most men cringe,using Versa Mark and Heat and stick add glitter to your white branches and the star burst. I used one of my favorite glitters, Art Glitter Ultra fine Translucent Crystal Glitter. I use this one because it has a wonderful way of picking up the color it is adhered to and makes it look so different. It is VERY messy and I often have glitter on me for days but who doesn't love a little sparkle once in a while? Heat set it and then set it aside for the assembly later.

I decided that it needed snowflakes so I got out a small snowflake stamp from Winter in the Park by Lawn Fawn. Using the Versa Mark again I stamped snowflakes here and there and then used Stampin' Up White Emboss powder to make snowflakes on the bag itself. I also stamped them onto the fairies wings which I had cut out of Stampin Up Card Stock weight Vellum. Seriously, once you try this stuff you know why I use it all the time. I love the card stock weight vellum!

I put everything on the bag making sure to not cover holes I had put in,  then added 3d zots to adhere the wings onto the back of the fairy. I added an extra 3d zots to the back of the fairy below the wings and put her onto the front. Carefully lay the open bag onto the front so you can tape the fairy lights to the inside of the bag over the holes. I used plastic wound tape as I wanted to be able to remove them, when I was ready to put away the Christmas Decoration at a later date. Next glue the side of the bag together and fold the flaps into the slots and turn on you fairy lights. Volia! it is done!
 Super simple and I will bet it will take you even less time of you don't add all the glitter or use already glittered paper and a great pattern paper. There are LOTS of great papers out there and it only took me an hour to make even with the glitter and making dinner in between. I do take my time though as part of the fun for me is designing it and then seeing it come to life. The other thing I like about this is it is a small bag and doesn't take up to much space. If you wanted to make one for someone who doesn't have a ton of space this would be perfect.
 Although I was really tempted to put on the music from Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy, I was content with it playing in my head.  Music helps set the mood if I am having trouble creating a seasonal or period item. Example if I am making something vintage from the 1920's I will listen to music from that period. Just a trick I use to help the creative mood to flow... anyhoo, thank you so much for stopping by and reading my blog and Happy Craftin' Y'all! Blessings Sharalyn

SVG Kits Used:
Christmas Gift Bags SVG Kit

Supplies Used:
Bazzill Card Stock: Tropical, Smooth White, Turquoise Mist, Atlantic
Stampin Up Card Stock Vellum
Stampin Up Heat and Stick
Stampin Up White Emboss Powder
Lawn Fawn: Winter in the Park Stamp Set.
Stampin Up Heat Gun
Zots 3d Glue Dots
Scotch Quick Dry Adheisive

 Fairy Lights I used:
Supernight Blue Starry Starry Led Lights

No comments:

Post a Comment