svg cuts banner

Friday, November 21, 2014

Put a little Jingle...

Afternoon Y'all,


Most of us bring a small gift for our hostess when we attend a function during the holidays. Sometimes as in our case, we go to the women's bible study and will be exchanging and "stealing" a white elephant gift. The idea is to make your gift look really great so they are wondering is it a gift you don't want or is it a really nice gift. Even if your intending to put a gift card in this bag I really think it will make a great impression and it was REALLY easy too!

I used the fireplace bag from Christmas Gift Bags SVG Kit and made the fireplace smaller so it would look like the snowman was warming himself. Cut the bag at the size it imports then bring the fireplace pieces and the stocking onto your virtual mat and group them all so your sure to have the right size for everything. When all of my pieces were grouped including the stocking the whole thing was H 5.822 but the size of your fireplace will depend on your choice for the snowman size. I had already cut and made my snowman and so I made the fireplace smaller to accommodate the whole thing. I used Sizzix Brick emboss folder for the fireplace and Sizzix wood grain for the fire, this was to give a bit of texture and movement to the fire itself. Cut, and  ink the fire pieces with spiced marmalade distress ink. Glue the pieces together then emboss with the wood grain emboss folder. Add more ink if you feel it needs a bit more. The fireplace cut out was embossed with brick emboss folder by Tim Holtz and then inked with Vintage Photo Ink also from Tim Holtz. The bag itself was cut from Simple Stories Cozy Christmas and then the edges were inked with Vintage Photo Ink. I scored the bag with my Martha Steward score board. I think you could add the score lines so your machine will do it but I felt doing it with my scoreboard gave the bag a little more stability.
The snowman is from Snowman Village SVG Kit. It is called a kit because each snow-person or animal can be made into a bag. Pretty cool Huh? The size I made my snow man for this bag was W 5.706 x H 3.500. This is of course will all the pieces put together on my virtual mat so I could see how I wanted it to look. I know what your thinking, how did she make the arms? Well that is just two arms one turned and then welded together in the position I wanted them. Then they are glued behind him a bit and the hand on the one side is brought forward. I used Victorian Velvet ink to add the blushed look to the sides of the snowman and my pearl chalk to make rosy cheeks. To add a bit of dimension I added pop dots to the back of the snowman or you can use dimensionals.

Glue the bag together then holding up the main piece of the fireplace and your snowman that is already glued together except for his arms to get an idea of where you want your snowman to be. The closer he is to the bottom the farther away he looks and more like he is not standing to close to that fire. We all know what happened to Frosty! Glue down your fireplace and fire then add the snowman.
The ribbon at the top of the bag was a red satin and then I tied bells onto the twine and threaded the rest of the twine under the back of the bow and tied it. The stocking is one of those fuzzy buttons that I bought in the Christmas section at Michaels. There you have it, a cute little bag waiting to be filled with a goody or a gift card for someone special. Another thought I had was to make a tag using a snowflake shape. Either way I am sure your recipient will think this is just too cute! Thanks so much for stopping by and reading my blog and Happy Craftin' Y'all! Blessings Sharalyn

SVG Kits Used:
Christmas Gift Bags SVG Kit
Snowman Village SVG Kit

Supplies Used:
Simple Stories Cozy Christmas Collection
American Craft Card Stock: Carrot, Sunflower
Bazzill Card Stock: White, Black, Ruby Slippers
Tim Holtz Emboss Folders Brick, Woodgrain
Cuttlebug Emboss Folder Forest Branches
Tim Holtz  Distress inks, Spiced Marmalade,Victorian Velvet, Vintage Photo, gathered twings
1/4 in Red Satin Ribbon
Fuzzy Stocking button Michaels
Pebbles Pearlescent Chalks
Twine
Jingle Bells Michaels
Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
Hot glue for stocking button

No comments:

Post a Comment