svg cuts banner

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Lighting up Fall!

Afternoon all!

Happy Sunday Afternoon! I made this up last night and oh it was super simple. I bought the file Mistletoe Toe Manner which by the way is free this week  with a 9.98 purchase. Pretty simple, make a purchase of two other files totaling 9.98 then add the Mistletoe Toe Manor SVG Kit to your basket.. then in check out there is a discount code box. Type in the words Freegift and there you have it a free kit for the price of two.. Guess what? they do that with every kit that is new that week! So on the the nifty lantern I made.

I bought the kit and then set my Silhouette Cameo to speed 2 and textured card stock. The lantern is Cut from the size it imports. When it was done cutting the first time I checked it before I took it out of the machine and it cut fairly well but I didn't want to be sitting there picking out pieces so I cut it again but turned off the score lines the second time. You can do that buy unchecking the box in Advanced cut settings. When I took it off the mat I was very careful. Then I took out any pieces that didn't come out when I took it off the mat. I took my time and didn't hurry because as Mary says it doesn't help and yep we ALL know she is right!
 Then I cut the vellum and used Time Holtz, Spiced Marmalade, Fired Brick inks to smear onto my vellum.  I used a sponge to spread it around a bit. Now because I know that Distress inks are made to work with water, I used my spray bottle with a teaspoon of perfect pearls and water and lightly spritzed the vellum. It did curl but I used my Stampin up Heat gun on the low setting to dry it then straightened it out a bit while it was still warm. Then I glued the vellum to the inside of the lantern as instructed by our Mary Kowal. I hot glued a ribbon and some of those pretty fall paper roses I bought from Michael's in October to the top and added a battery operated Candle to the inside. There you have it a beautiful fall Lantern for your Thanksgiving decorations. This beautiful Lantern from this kit was made with Christmas in mind but just look at the possibilities with this and many more of Mary's amazing files. Thanks so much for stopping by on this glorious Sunday and reading my blog. Many blessings to all of you! Stop by SVG cuts and check out more of their Fall Decorations for your holiday table and  Happy Craftin Y'all! Blessings Sharalyn

SVG Kits Used:
Mistletoe Manor SVG Kit

Supplies Used:
Bazzill  Card Stock : Mudpie
Stampin Up Card Stock Vellum
Tim Holtz  Distress Inks: spiced marmalade, fired brick
Ranger Perfect Pearls
Ranger Mister Bottle
Sponges
Stampin Up Heat gun
Recollections Fall Foliage
Gold Ribbon
Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive

Check out the Autumn Section SVG cuts for more Thanksgiving related decorations for your table!Happy Thanks SVG Kit  is just one of the many amazing kits and collections!

No comments:

Post a Comment