svg cuts banner

Friday, November 14, 2014

A Secret Message for Riley

Hey Y'all,

Today I want to share with you a special Birthday Card. Why is it special? It is special because my grandson Riley loves Christmas.  He loves Christmas so much he doesn't mind if I give him Christmas Cards for his birthday. Now some of you will notice I moved the snowflake that Mary intended to go in the center of the vellum. There is a secret about this card that only Riley and you my readers will know. I clear embossed Happy Birthday in the center of that vellum and if you are not looking at it in the right light you won't see it. Here is how this card was made.

Start with the Christmas Box Cards SVG Kit and cut out as it imports. Then using Stampin up's Heat and Stick and Art Glitter's Antique White Ultra Fine Transparent Glitter, I went to work adding glitter to the pieces I wanted glitter on. I know  I have told before how to do this but I will tell you how again in case we have a new reader . Using Versa Mark Ink smush the pad onto the parts you would like to glitter. Then spread some heat and stick on it and get that glitter ready because you need to work quickly. Heat the heat and stick with your heat gun just until shiny, then spread the glitter on and shake off the excess do this on all the pieces you wanted glitter on. Then heat the pieces again to set the glitter.  NOTE: Watch the tutorial video first so you don't glitter where you don't need to. I set those aside, but still wanted some snowflakes on the blue portion of the globe. I got out a few small snowflake stamps and stamped the globe here and there, then used a glittered emboss powder and heat embossed them.  I  wanted my church to be brown so I used my handy knife on my Silhouette program and cut off the snowflakes on either side.  Glue that on top of your church and then add your extra snow piece

For the outside of the Globe I wanted more of a wood look so I used my Hero Arts Wood Grain background stamp and inked it up with Versa Mark.Then I  laid the brown pieces onto it and put a piece of scratch paper over the top using my hands to smooth it. If you have a brayer you can used that but I don't have one. I heat set it just to give it a tone and tone look. For the secret message to my Riley, I used a Happy Birthday stamp,Versa Mark and Ranger Super fine clear emboss powder. I assembled the card as Mary instructs in the video tutorial for The Boxed Christmas Cards SVG Kit. I added a few rhinestones here and there  but with so much glitter I didn't want to go overboard. (probably to late with all the glitter) Anyhoo, Riley will love the special message and all the glitter I put on it and that is what matters. That is all there is to this card,not much terrible exciting or tricky but I love how it came out. Thanks so much for stopping by and reading my blog and Happy Crafting Y'all!  Blessings Sharalyn

SVG Kits Used:
Christmas Box Cards SVG Kit

Supplies Used:
Bazzill Card Stock: Mocha Divine, Turquoise Mist
Bazzill Smooth White Card Stock
Stampin Up Card Stock Vellum
Stampin Up Heat and Stick
Art Glitter Antique White Ultra Fine Transparent Glitter
Recollections Rhinestones
Hero Arts White Small Brads
Hero Arts Wood Grain Background Stamp
Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
Stampin Up Heat Gun



No comments:

Post a Comment