svg cuts banner

Monday, June 30, 2014

Smore' Summer


Morning Y'all!!!!!

I was anxiously waiting for the new Parkside Row SVG Kit to be released from SVG cuts and well, honestly they took to long for me and my mind wandered. I started thinking about Big Bear and taking a vacation and my mind when there. My hubs says what is this for? My reply? They took to long for the new kit to be released and my mind wandered. Ya know I can't be idle that long. He laughed and said it was cute. Thank God my husband understands my need to create.

Start with the Lantern from Stars and Stripes SVG Kit and cut it at the size it imports, then before you glue the sides all on use the panels for the top and release compound path then take out the stars and cut that out of vellum. I used a pigment ink pad to color my vellum an orange color as if it were from the firelight. The frames that go on the inside I cut out of Tangerine AC Cardstock. That was to further give the look of the "glow" from a fire. I have a large box of overhead write on sheets I use to cut the windows from. Seriously I am going to be shocked when I run out I have so much. I cut two inside bottom pieces for the lantern one out of Coffee AC cardstock then one out of the Smore's paper from Imaginisce. I bought the paper
last year as I knew the consolation paper would come in handy and the Smores  paper was just so cute! I glued the vellum to the inside top of the lantern then glued it together with the exception of the window area. I used double sided 1/8 tape to glue the sides of the lamp together. This is also How I put the plastic on the window area as well.

On the the fire pit so to speak. I used the bottom of the inside lamp piece to "measure" the size of the firebox I made. Bring all the pieces onto your mat and size it using that inside accent piece of the lamp to make sure it will fit, also think about the size of your tea light..  I cut the top but first added a .50 sized circle to the top of the box, the accent and the cut out fire circle that goes on top. This was to allow the bulb from the battery opp tea light to fit through. Since the ones I have flicker I thought this would be a realistic touch. Then I used more of the orange vellum to cut the flames. I bent the bottom of the flames up and glued them onto the cut out fire piece. Then glued those onto the top. Now for the top and bottom. Cut one top and one bottom sides, no bottom piece. I did not glue the bottom onto the fire box. Instead I glued the top of the box together first then turned the flaps on the bottom over and glued the flaps to the inside of the lid. Try to use a patterned card-stock as I found that has a bit more give with fitting over the tea light. I had to squeeze it in and put glue dots on the top to get it to stay. If I had made the lantern larger I could have used the box I think and simply made the box big enough for the tea light. I had already gotten the lantern made and I wasn't going to make another. LOL After I put the tea light in I used some double sided tape to hold the two fire vellum's in place I used Gathered Twigs ink pad on the Vanilla card-stock for the marshmallow for the toasted look.

The Trees and the bears are from Country Forest SVG Collection. I used a chevron emboss folder for the trees and black glossy accents for the eyes and nose of the bears. To get the right size for the bears I used the trees as my guide. The camp smore pennant  was sized way down and then I used tweezers to put the pieces in place. ( No I cannot hold anything that small without dropping it) The Buttons were from our local fabric store and I am sure you could find them anywhere, but just in case you can't there is always Button's Galore and more online. That is all I did to make this but I do love how cute it turned out. Thank so much for stopping by, stay cool ya'll it is HOT here! Blessings on you all and Happy Craftin' my friends! Blessings Sharalyn

SVG Kits and Collections Used:
Stars and Stripes SVG Kit
Camp Firefly SVG Kit
Camp Smore SVG Kit
Forest Country SVG Collection

Supplies Used:
Imaginisce, Outdoor Adventure, S'mores, Wild & Free
American Craft Cardstock: Coffee, Chocolate, Chestnut, Tangerine, Evergreen, Caramel, Vanilla
Ranger: Black Glossy Accents
 Stampin up: Linen Thread, Card-stock Weight Vellum
3M Write on Transparencies
Score Tape 1/8 inch.


2 comments:

  1. Your lantern is so cute! I love how it looks like a real flame inside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Cindy, I like that too and was surprised at how much it looked like that. Go figure huh?

    ReplyDelete