svg cuts banner

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Dress Shop Play


Hi Eveyone!!!

Have you played with the new kit from SVG Cuts?? It is called Dress Shop and there is a dress form, Lip Stick Box and a Hat Box and a really cute card! I have only played with the dress form so far but I have done two. The first I made for myself and although I like the colors I think I need to change it a bit. There is something about it that bothers me and I think I know what it is. I think I made the heart on the top of the apron to big. The other I really like a lot and I made it as a birthday gift for a dear friend. I think she will like it but she is sick right now so I can't give it to her.
I started with cutting and gluing the dress form as it imports then I made the apron by using the Tags Galore collection for top of the apron and for the bottom I used the accent pieces from the tulip basket from the Egg Hunt SVG Kit. For the top I brought in the heart tag and broke it apart. Then I deleted the hole then regrouped it and sized it down a bit or up however you like. For the bottom I used the accent pieces for the tulip basket and made the pieces narrower. Then I glued one on top of the other at an angle to resemble the skirt of the apron. I glued that on the front and tied a ribbon around the waist. Then glued the heart in place at the bottom and slipped at knot around the top portion of it and tied a bow in the back it was easy peasy. Glue the pretty flower that comes with this really cute kit on the waist and glued some crinkled ribbon around the bottom edge of the apron.

Now for my friends dress form I took a lot more time making it. I wanted it to be special for her. I used Graphic 45 papers she really likes. Then I loved what Kathy Helton did from the design team with hers. But I didn't want it to be exactly like it so I ended up using a Martha Stewart Punch I have that I love. It does a beautiful eyelet edge then to give the dress form some flair I cut a slit in the skirt and glued the edge in place. A while back I bought some really pretty cotton crocheted lace from Walmart.  I dug that out of my now organized stash and hot glued some in place. Then the other day when I had a chance to visit Michaels all by my self I found some paper flowers on the mark down rack. I used one of those in the place where the lace met. Looking around in my lace stash I found the neck piece I had from a kit,oh back when I first started this amazing paper adventure at least 3 yrs ago. I tried it around the waist and around the shoulders then I ended up doing it sort of as a shawl. I also spotted the rose ribbon trim I had in there and thought that would be perfect for accents. I cut a few roses off then hot glued them in place as well.
I added the enamel dots from My Minds Eye Lost and Found Record it!  to one of the edges of the front of the stand and four in the back where that extra piece came in as if it were buttoned up.

Now if you didn't read the tip I shared on SVG Cuts Facebook page I will share it here.  You see Mary always shows us how easily she can put this stuff together but I don't have such ease, as a matter of fact sometimes when she puts things on the table and folds them over mine don't ever come out perfect. So here is the tip. When you make the tube put the glue on the edge of the paper as instructed, then stick a pencil in to push the seam closed. That gives you something to push against and I didn't permanently tweak the pole forever ruining it and then throwing it away because it looks terrible. I hope this helps you when you make this. I figure if it helped me it might help you and to me you should share tips like that. So that is it short and sweet on this post and tomorrow I will start writing up the blog post for the owl I made for Jeannie Lassey. Till then Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting. I love having friends visit! Blessings to you and Very Happy Crafting Y'all!
Blessings Sharalyn

Kits & Collections Used:
Dress Shop SVG Kit
Tags Galore SVG Collection
Egg Hunt SVG Kit

Supplies Used:
Graphic 45 Ladies Diary Paper Collection
Echo Park Happy Days Paper Collection
American Craft Solid Card Stock, Sky and Aqua
My Minds Eye Lost and Found Record it Antique enamel dots.
Crocet lace
Paper Rose from Recollections (Michaels)
Tiny Roses cut off ribbon
Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive

Note:
Purse is from Luxury Handbags SVG Kit
Shelf is from Attic Treasures SVG Kit

NOTE: There is a free Leprechaun Trap Kit for a Short time Read all about it on SVG CUTS Facebook page! Mary and Leo and getting so famous they may stop talking to us.. Just kidding they wouldn't do that!

1 comment: