svg cuts banner

Monday, August 5, 2013

Sending a Beer Stein Hug.


Good Morning all!
This Morning I thought I would bring you a little Christmas.. or A Happy Christmas as it says on the tag.
First things first Y'all!

I gave Pastor Daniel His bus yesterday and he was thrilled. I did get a photo but I didn't ask his permission to post it here on my blog so I cant show you but in typical Daniel form the hands went up around his head and his smile spread from ear to ear..  He said it was SOOOOO RAD! Which I do know means it is super cool in surfer talk. He even noticed the license plate said Shalom which he was elated about.

Now on to the Beer Stein. Grab yourself a cup of coffee and join me for a bit. I am drinking french Vanilla as I am waiting on my order of Mountain Blueberry. When I saw the last kit on SVG cuts called Farmhouse  Kitchen I thought of a beer stein. I guess because we had been talking about Christmas in July and my brother had been on my mind a lot lately. He used to surf and he used to collect Beer Steins and Nut Crackers. Dale passed a very long time ago and I still miss him every now and then. So this is my way of saying hey bro I am thinking about you and sending you a hug!

I started with the coffee pot from Farmhouse Kitchen.  I used AC Card stock color Slate and stamped it with a background stamp I had been given called Filigree From Stampin up. It is an old one so if you want that one you might be able to find it on Ebay. I embossed it with silver embossing powder and used a pigment black ink ( color box is what I had) and gently patted it over the top to tone down the paper and the embossing. Have a paper towel handy to wipe of the excess ink. Let that dry and then cut out the coffee pot at about 8 inches tall. I can't tell you exact size because the program didn't save it right.. grrrr. I do remember thinking I wanted the whole thing to be about 8 inches tall at the most so I brought in all the pieces selected them all and then shrunk it down. I made the bottom of the stein first then went to work on the top. I put the top together but don't put the accent pieces on yet.
Those were embossed as well and then inked. Next I cut the knob for the lid. I used the top from the spindle ornament from the Christmas Ornaments SVG Kit. I brought it into my Designer addition of Silhouette and used the knife to cut off the  bottom. I cut it off at the first score line that makes the edge around the ornament. That size I do have, it was cut at 4.200 H 6.405. Now I wasn't sure how I was going to do that so when I figured it all out I had used my scissors to cut the points off the top bend that looks like a triangle but since I did the figuring out you could do the same thing in the program and cut off the pointy edges with the knife. Either way will work fine. Glue the top together and then glue the now flaps onto the top of the lid for the Beer Stein. OH and do this the easy way not the way I did it and use the Versa Mark and I rubbed it on the edges then added the silver embossing powder and embossed it. It was an after thought so well you know.. lol Then glue the accent pieces on and it will hide the flaps you made.

I really wanted to make this pop up like a real Beer Stein but I couldn't get it to work and now that I am thinking about it I am thinking using the hinge that Mary did for that Christmas tree on Spirits of Christmas past might work. You would need to move the handle down or shorten the lid a bit but I think that would work. Ok then I used the spoon from Tea for you and me but I used the back of the spoon and cut the handle off to about a 1/2 an inch long. I used three cuts of this and glued them together then I embossed the edges as well on that and used my favorite tools the McGill flower shaping tools to cup the end a bit. Hint: while the pieces are drying bend the handle a bit so it doesn't split.

To decorate it I used the holly from Christmas in the Village kit and sized those down to an appropriate size for the Beer Stein. The ones on the handle are a bit bigger than the one on the lid. I cut off a couple of the curl's from that so it would have the look I was going after.. use your creative style as always. You don't have to do what I did. I only had two of the red pearls so I used a permanent marker to color the white pearls I had. You can also use a copic if you have those. This works on Rhinestones as well. The tag was from the Christmas in the Village kit as well, I just used the lamp top bottom and made it large enough for me to write Happy Christmas with my Silhouette pens then inked the edges with a red ink pad and gently dabbed the top with my silver ink pad just enough to add sparkle. The red bird button is from you guessed it my fave  Buttons Galore and More.

So there you have it a Beer Stein and it is a little Christmas as well. I will post the links below to the kits I used and thanks so much for having coffee with me. It is wonderful to enjoy your coffee in the morning with a friend. There is a new collection and it is pretty cute so check it out as well when your there. If your not sure you want it I can tell you two things.. It is free with your purchase of 9.98 and it won't be in a week and two, look at the shapes not what it is .. Ask yourself can I used any of those shapes in the future and then remind yourself it is free this week it won't be next week! Don't kick yourself later for not getting it free when you could have. My bum is sore from doing that. LOL  Thanks again Blessing on all of your heads this week, may he keep you safe and you have wonderful week now ya hear?
Blessings Sharalyn

Kits I used on this project were:
Farmhouse Kitchen SVG Kit
Christmas in the Village SVG Collection
Christmas Ornaments SVG Kit
Tea For You and Me SVG Kit
3D Wintergreens SVG Kit

No comments:

Post a Comment