svg cuts banner

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Little Dad Time

Good morning everyone!
I spent a little time this morning making a father's day card for my dad. Guy cards stump a lot of us and sometimes you just don't know what to do or what they would like. I always think about the person and what I think they would like, what are their likes and dislikes what colors do the usually pick in clothing and of course if it is for someone you know in particular like your dad what are the things you have seen that they are  interested in. If you just don't know the recipient that well try to pick neutral colors and no flowers unless you know they like that. I scale way down on the glitter too. Most men like it but not a lot at all. So here is the card I made my dad. I used the 120lb white card stock from Simon Says Stamp and the paper I used were from a couple of 6x6 pads from Stampin up. I have others but I liked the colors and patterns in these for my dad. I used my Circut to cut a star out of the end of the paper and then stamped a dad stamp on using a marker. I still need to get around to ordering some more hero arts ink in red. I say that every time I want that color. LOL anyway then drew stitch lines on the inside of the star and used my postage stamp edger by Fiskars to make a small border at the bottom. I made some stars using my Epiphany star tool to match the card. I have to say I love them I would like to have all of them. I also got the 1/2 button and the 3/4 in heart button. Many of you know I had won a 50 dollar gift card from Kristina Werner's blog to Simon Says Stamp so that is where I got them. I do find the buttons harder to do but that just might be my hands but I would like all of them! sooo Fun! I used Maraschino colored Twine from The Twinery to tie around the card and tied loose knots just because I liked the look. I have taken a few of Kristina's and Jennifer McGuire's online card classes and I have to say I have learned a lot. They are fun and full of chances to win and more important you get to see other peoples ideas and that inspires you to try something new. Another way to make the star cut out would be to use a big shot and or another machine that does the same and use the thin dies from Simon says Stamp. There are all kinds and I really could go broke buying all the stuff I see there. Lots of great ideas.Visit the blog too.  I will see if I can find the picture of the card I did for my son or I will make another so you can see it.. sort of the same Idea but I used a circle and some card stock vellum. Have a great day and thank you so much for reading my blog. Happy crafting to all of you today!

No comments:

Post a Comment